Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia, 4e
- Buy New: $107.13
as of 5/21/2013 11:11 MDT details
- Sales Rank:357,451
- Languages:English (Unknown), English (Original Language), English (Published)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):1.1
- Dimensions (in):4.4 x 0.9 x 7.4
- Publication Date:December 18, 2006
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia, 4th Edition is a convenient, complete, and practical resource for administering safe and effective anesthesia to small and large animals, including exotic pets. Long valued by students and practitioners alike, this handbook features all the practical and applied aspects of veterinary anesthesia, including patient evaluation, preanesthetic medications, local anesthesia and anesthetic techniques, and more. The book describes drugs used perioperatively and their clinical applications in detail and pays special attention to complementary and integrative approaches to pain management.
- Key points and special considerations are now called out in boxes to highlight the most important and critical information for immediate access.
- Comprehensive yet concise quick reference offers on-the-go, indispensable advice for anesthetic situations.
- Dogs and cats each have their own chapter, and the special needs and considerations of each species are expanded for more comprehensive coverage.
- Old and outdated drugs have been eliminated, so the focus is not on the history of veterinary anesthesia but on important, current concepts and techniques.
- Completely updated drug information and new pain management techniques.
- A new chapter discusses the unique anesthetic considerations in cats and their clinical applications.
- The latest information on local anesthesia drugs and techniques.
- Expanded coverage of post-anesthetic care, monitoring, and analgesic considerations.
- Covers anesthetic protocols for common procedures in each species.
- Includes new coverage of the use of constant rate infusion perioperatively.
- Expanded coverage of euthanasia includes the most current AVMA guidelines for euthanasia techniques.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.