A pioneering revolutionary prescription
for the health and long life of your pets
For two decades, Dr. Martin Goldstein--America's most successful, renowned holistic veterinarian--has healed and helped his animal patients with the same natural therapies that benefit humans. The results have been so astounding that today critically sick pets are brought to him from across the country for a new chance at life and health.
In this compelling, very accessible book, Dr. Goldstein explains exactly what holistic medicine is and how it works. By treating the root of a health problem instead of its symptoms, you too can help your animal to regain and maintain its own health, as nature intended. Dr. Goldstein also shares many remarkable true stories of supposedly terminally ill animals who have recovered to full wellness. Inside you'll discover
- Why our animals get sick, even when we strive to give them the best of care
- An exhaustive A to Z guide of pet ailments--and the best course of action
- Why vaccines can do more harm than good
- The link between diet and disease--and how the right diet can not only prevent disease but reverse it
- How acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic, and other alternative options work--safely and painlessly--to restore true health
- Specific guidance for the use of herbs, supplements, and natural remedies
- The good news (and the bad) about cancer in animals--including extraordinary new treatments and potential cures
- Coping with the inevitable death of your pet--both physically and psychologically
And much, much more
PLUS--the ultimate resource for holistic pet care: an extensive guide to holistic product manufacturers and stores, books, newsletters, Web sites, veterinarians, and associations!
As an accomplished doctor of veterinary medicine, Martin Goldstein is well respected for his 25 years worth of experience in the field--experience he effectively utilizes in conjunction with his expertise in holistic medicine in his new book, The Nature of Animal Healing: The Path to Your Pet's Health, Happiness, and Longevity. Goldstein begins with a broad explanation of the origins of diseases in pets, then moves on to taking action against those diseases, not only offering thorough discussions of specific ailments--including cancer, allergies, and arthritis--and the holistic medicines available to help in the healing process, but also speaking to the "dubious legacy of vaccines" as well as the questionable quality of pet food. Finally, Goldstein turns his attention to the spiritual realm, addressing both the bonds that we have with our pets--and how those bonds aid in preventing and fighting our pets' health problems--as well as dealing with the death of a beloved pet. Goldstein's expert advice, inclusion of inspiring real-life cases, and thorough resource "compendium of holistic books, newsletters, Web sites, veterinarians, and associations" make this book a valuable addition to any pet owner's library. --Julia King